Business Attestation – Register to be Open
Business Recovery Resources
If your business has been negatively impacted by Covid-19, visit the Economic Development Collaborative’s Covid-19 Business Resources webpage. The EDC will guide you through the fundamental steps every business should be following:
- Get financial consulting to find the right assistance for your situation.
- Connect with your landlord. If you are a commercial tenant and unable to pay rent due to Covid hardship, the EDC has information to preserve your rights as a tenant.
Other information available from our Partners:
Financial Assistance Programs
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The U.S. Small Business Administration offers low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Applicants may apply online.
EDD UNEMPLOYMENT AND PANDEMIC UNEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE (PUA)
Unemployment benefits are available for self-employed individuals and employees. If you have lost hours or wages due to the impact of COVID-19. Apply for unemployment with the EDD here. For more information on self-employed unemployment benefits (Pandemic Unemployment Assistance) click here.
EDD WORKSHARE PROGRAM
The EDD Workshare Program allows employers to seek an alternative to layoffs – retaining their trained employees by reducing their hours and wages that can be partially offset with UI benefits. Visit the Work Sharing Program to learn more about its benefits for employers and employees, and how to apply. Note: Nonprofits are not eligible to participate in EDD Workshare.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COLLABORATIVE DISASTER LOAN FUND
EDC is offering 4.25% interest loans from $5,000- $50,000 and a 48 month term through our Disaster Loan Fund to give a cash flow boost to businesses impacted by reduced sales, supply chain disruption or other challenges related to COVID-19. Email email@example.com for more information.
WOMEN’S ECONOMIC VENTURES (WEV) RESTART LOAN
WEV’S Restart Loan provides capital to Santa Barbara County and Ventura County businesses who are now open or eligible to open under the most current government orders. Visit WEV’s website for more information.
CALIFORNIA COMPETES TAX CREDIT PROGRAM
The California Competes Tax Credit is an income tax credit available to businesses that want to locate in California or stay and grow in California. Tax credit agreements will be negotiated by GO-Biz and approved by a statutorily created “California Competes Tax Credit Committee,” consisting of the State Treasurer, the Director of the Department of Finance, the Director of GO-Biz, and one appointee each by the Speaker of the Assembly and Senate Committee on Rules.
Covid Compliance Hotline and Questions
The County of Ventura launched a Covid Ambassador program for our citizens and businesses to ask questions or to report possible violations of the County’s health orders.
CovidCompliance@Ventura.org or call (805) 202-1805 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Spanish speakers will also be available to return calls.
New Winter Guidelines for Outdoor Business Operations
- Click HERE for guidance on Use of Temporary Structures for Outdoor Business Operations (Updated November 25, 2020)
Quick Access Links for Tools and Resources
Helpful Quick Links
- What to do if an employee has Covid-19 – Guide from Ventura County Public Health
- Employer Playbook for Covid 19 – Supporting a Safer Environment for Workers and Customers
- California GO-Biz – California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Loan programs for small businesses
- CDC Guidance for Business and Employers – Centers for Disease Control
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Resources, news, tools for small businesses
- California Department of Public Health – Read the latest health orders that impact your business
- Blueprint for a Safer Economy – At a glance, what can be open in each Tier (Purple, Red, Orange, and Yellow)
- Industry Guidance from the State of California
- Resuming Business Tookit from the CDC
Chambers of Commerce are excellent resources for businesses to connect, promote, and find local resources for their businesses.
- Camarillo Chamber
- Greater Conejo Valley Chamber
- Ojai Valley Chamber
- Oxnard Chamber
- Santa Paula Chamber
- Simi Valley Chamber
- Ventura Chamber
Free COVID Testing
The County of Ventura’s new Mobile COVID-19 Testing Trailer can be requested at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/covid-testing.
Mobile Testing Team Onsite Testing Requirements
- Business or organization must have at least 100 people that would like to get tested for the COVID-19 virus.
- Outdoor location must include 100′ x 50′ open space suitable for parking a truck and 28′ trailer for our testing team.
- Host location must provide access to restroom facilities within 200′ walking distance of the testing location.
- Set up begins one hour before opening for testing.
COVID-19 testing is offered at high volume sites 7 days a week. More information at: https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/coronavirus-testing/.
Eviction moratoriums provide protections from eviction due to Covid hardships. Read this summary of what these moratoriums mean for you and your business.