All individuals 16 years of age and older are eligible to be vaccinated. Please note, only Pfizer is approved for use for those age 16-17.
Who Can Receive The Vaccine at This Time?
Know Before You Go
- If you have received another immunization within 14 days of your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment until after that time has passed. Additionally, if you have had a positive COVID test within 10 days of your appointment, you will be asked to reschedule your vaccination to a later date.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment. There is usually little to no wait prior to check in and depending on appointment flow, so if you arrive extremely early you may be asked to leave and return closer to your appointment time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment you may be turned away, especially for the last appointment slots of the day.
- Most of the County of Ventura vaccination sites are indoor sites and require some walking to get from the parking area into the vaccination site. Please plan accordingly based on any mobility limitations. The South Oxnard Clinic is currently the only outdoor site, which can accommodate individuals needing to remain in their vehicles if necessary.
- Only Service Animals as defined by ADA are allowed inside vaccination sites.
- Minors will require parental consent either in-person or through virtual verification at the time of the appointment.
- All sites require an appointment in order to be vaccinated.
Proof of Identity, such as:
- Government-Issued Identification (e.g. driver’s license, matricula consular, passport)
- Essential Worker Card
- Birth Certificate
- Bank Statement
- Tax Return
- Utility Bill with Registrant’s Name
AND verification of eligibility and age:
- Form of identification showing your age/ date of birth
- After receiving your first dose, you will become eligible for your second dose after a waiting period of 21 days if you received Pfizer and 28 days if you received Moderna. Once you become eligible, you have a window of approximately 14 days to receive your second dose to ensure maximum efficacy. You do not need to receive your second dose on the exact date you become eligible.
- If you schedule a second dose appointment prior to the end of the wait period, you will be turned away. Please refer to your vaccination card and count the appropriate amount of calendar days starting the day after you received your first dose.
- You will be given information about follow up post vaccination at your appointment. Site staff will provide instructions on how to enroll in V-Safe Post Vaccine Follow Up Information and other important information.
- For those who have received their first dose and are nearing eligibility for their second dose, second dose appointments will become available through our web portal. You will receive an email reminder to make an appointment.