Ventura County Public Health has established a hotline to answer the following questions from the medical community. If you are a medical provider practicing in Ventura County please call 1-888-870-0425 if you are:
- A medical provider needing consultation.
- A medical provider needing to report another communicable disease.
Guidance from Ventura County Ambulatory Care
- Added 8/17/2021: Additional mRNA Dose for Immunocompromised Persons
- Flyer: Updated 8/3/21: Contraindications to COVID vaccination – English / Spanish (JPG) | English / Spanish (PDF)
- Consolidated List of Area Health System COVID Screening Locations
- List – Hospitals, Urgent Care Centers and In-County Clinics
- Long-term Care Facility Guidance for Preventing and Managing COVID-19
- Long-Term Care Facility (LTCF) COVID-19 Infection Control Recommendations during Holiday Celebrations
- Hospital Holding Unit Guidance for COVID-19 (Updated 11/19/2020)
- Skilled Nursing Facility Holding Unit Guidance for COVID-19
- Guidance for Long-Term Care Facility Residents and Visitation
- Update on COVID-19 and Pediatric Patients for Emergency Department Physicians
- COVID-19 in Children in the United States
For information on how the virus spreads and how to protect yourself at work, please visit:
- How Does COVID-19 Spread?
- Clinical Guidance for Patient Management
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Personal Protective Equipment
If you are symptomatic please call your primary care doctor for your health questions. Your primary care doctor would make the recommendation for COVID-19 testing. If you do not have a primary care provider, please visit Find a Doctor. You do not need to contact Public Health to request a test. Your doctor will contact Public Health if your test is positive.