- Federal Disaster Loans – The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to California small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). SBA Customer Representatives will be available to answer questions about SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program and explain the application process at 800-659-2955 or via email at email@example.com.
- Family First Coronavirus Response Act Passes – On March 18, 2020, President Trump signed additional emergency relief legislation creating expanded employee benefits and protections related to COVID-19, including a new federal paid sick leave law, an emergency expansion of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and expanded unemployment insurance provisions.
- Extension Filing Payroll Tax – Employers statewide directly affected by the new coronavirus (COVID19) may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit payroll taxes without penalty or interest
- State Extension Filing Personal and Business Taxes – The Franchise Tax Board announced special tax relief for California taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Affected taxpayers are granted an extension to file 2019 California tax returns and make certain payments to June 15, 2020, for all tax filings and payments due between March 15, 2020, through June 15, 2020.
- Federal Extension Filing Personal and Business Taxes – Taxpayers can defer federal income tax payments due on April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020, without penalties and interest, regardless of the amount owed. Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this automatic federal tax filing and payment relief.
- California WARN Act Suspended for COVID-19 Emergency – Governor Newsom issued an Executive Order on March 17, 2020, that suspends the provisions of the California WARN act that impose liability and penalties for companies with 75 employees or more who do not provide a 60-day advanced notice to employees for mass layoffs, transfers, or terminations.
You also might be interested in
Business Compliance and Enforcement Line Please direct your questions on[...]
Exemption from Local Program Requirements for Minor Burn Debris Removal and Cleanup / Exención de los Requisitos del Programa Local para Limpieza y Remoción de Escombros de Quemaduras Menores
Properties that do not have any destroyed or damaged structures[...]
Registrations are available for all residents whose homes received major[...]