Resources for Employers
What to Do First
- Economic Development Collaborative COVID-19 Business Resource Guide (updated daily)
- Every business should review the Business Resource Guide. For Businesses that have experienced concerns or disruptions, the EDC SBCDC Advisors can assist providing no-cost guidance and can assist with SBA loan applications. Please contact the EDC office at 805.409.9159 to request an appointment.
- SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to Coronavirus – Guidance and Loan Resources
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to California small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). SBA Customer Representatives will be available to answer questions about SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program and explain the application process at 800-659-2955 or via email at email@example.com. Apply for an SBA loan online.
Local Organizations and Resources
- Economic Development Collaborative – Small Business Development Center (Ventura County) – Offering business consulting and loans.
- Women’s Economic Ventures Ventura County – Offering business consulting and loans.
- SCORE (Ventura County) – Offering business consulting.
- Employers experiencing a slowdown in their businesses or services as a result of the Coronavirus impact on the economy may apply for the Unemployment Insurance Work Sharing Program through the EDD
Other Resources for Businesses
- California GO-Biz – California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- CDC Guidance for Business and Employers
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- California League of cities
- California Association for Local Economic Development (CALED)
- California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity (CAMEO)
- National Restaurant Association
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Department of Public Health